Thursday, February 9, 2012

Good morning, Heartache

So here's the deal about heartache.

I've been through it before. I know it gets better. Life goes on. But, you know, sometimes I don't want to be told that. Who wants to be told something they already know?

Sometimes you just want to be sad. You want to wallow for a day...or week. The sadness comes and goes. Your mood changes. Sometimes the song of the day is something sad by The Weepies, and sometimes it's something upbeat by Snow Patrol.

For me, there was a lot of Snow Patrol those first two weeks. Then there were bouts of non-stop The Weepies, Jessie J's "Domino," and "They Can't Take That Away From Me" (which just so happens to be one of my favorite songs ever).

See, I'm fine. I've done this before and I can do it again. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it hurts. Yes, I put myself in fictional situations that I know will never happen (think Tom and the party scene in 500 Days of Summer). But it's nothing that I can't handle.

I'll find someone else to take me to England. And someone else to culture with old movies and music. And someone else who loves Harry Potter just as much as I do. I'll find someone else.

And two years from now, I'll know why it all happened. Just like last time.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Whaaaaa?? The unnamed heartbreaker should be publicly flogged!! I propose a conference call with the BYU summer crew so we can trash talk him and eat chocolate ice cream long distance and tell you how pretty you are until you feel better. What is everyone's schedule like??

M.E. said...

Hahaha. Oh, Andrea. This is why I love you. While I would love a conference call (seriously, that would be so much fun), there is no need for trash talk. We'll see what the future brings though. More importantly, what is the news of your wedding? If anything, we need a conference call on that. (Also, if you need help with invites, I'm pretty skilled with design and printing, just FYI.)

Andrea said...

The news of my wedding is that it is May 19th!! I hope you can come. You should send me your address so I can officially invite you. I would love for you to design my invitations- I'll have to ask my mom though. She's really picky about certain things, including invitations. Let's have a conf call AFTER March 26, when the biggest paper of my life is due. We could even have a skype party. Sound good? eh?