Monday, January 24, 2011

In the words of Olivia Newton John...

And Sue Sylvester: "Let's get physical!"

Okay, so not physical that way. Unless you're thinking the eat healthy, exercise, and lose weight physical. Then that's exactly what I mean.

At the start of this year, I was zealous in my efforts to lose weight. My first shopping trip of the new year was filled with ingredients for a ton of healthy meals. I'm talking about sweet potatoes, oranges, apples, whole wheat bread, and beans. I found several sites to give me the motivation and help I needed. I determined that I would exercise (a little) more and eat about 1200 calories a day to help me out.

Well, that went okay for about a week. Minus that night I splurged on onion rings (frozen ones are gross, by the way). And I even went running. Once. And I may have walked most of that. And sat on a playground swing for awhile. But I logged my food faithfully for that week.

And then I lost steam last week. I still made my meals since I had all the ingredients. But I made those onion rings again (which were still gross). And had about 10 glasses of chocolate milk. BUT I only ate one piece of candy!

So, in order to motivate myself, I have told myself this:

If I exercise every day this week, I can watch season 5 of Lost.

Yep. I will allow myself to subscribe to darn Hulu Plus so that I can find out what happens to the Oceanic 6.

Much better than rewarding myself with some fattening fast food. Monday already has a check mark. We'll see how long I last.

3 comments:

tash said...

I like the way you think. Motivation is key, no matter what it is. You watch that Lost!
I have been thinking about getting Hulu Plus but then I think I might as well get Netflix. I don't know. I need to look into both. Just typing my thoughts out...

Andrea said...

Mary- I have threatened myself with this very same motivation, but I never made the commitment. Bravo. Also you should throw away the onion rings and at least have a decent temptation in your freezer. Like ice cream.
Tasha- you can get a free week of hulu + and I think a free month of Netflix. Then you can decide which one you like better. :)
Also, speaking of weight loss, I FINALLY fit into Taylor's white Anthropologie skirt that I called but should've given to Mary b/c it looked better on her. But my guilt was washed away as the zipper went up w/o me having to suck in. :)

M.E. said...

Many a time have I thought about that skirt, Andrea. I guess it's okay though--I got a lot of other things from her. But kudos for fitting into the skirt. I've still got awhile until I can fit comfortably into half of my wardrobe.
And I went with Netflix. I can't believe no one told me how completely awesome it is. Forget making friends; I'll just watch movies all day.