Sunday, August 28, 2011

Adulting.

Hold. the. phone.

Who said that could happen? Not me. I'm not an adult. I'm still 18, right?

Sadly, I think I am adulting. I'm inching my way into my mid-twenties. I realized this on my birthday. I'm twenty-old. Seriously.

Okay, so it's not so dramatic as I'm making it out to be. My nieces and nephews are probably the only people who consider me old. But I've never felt so old as I have this week.

I've gone to bed before midnight three times in one week. And I'm still tired.

So it's not a big deal. It's actually just the responsible thing to do. But isn't being an adult about being responsible? Well, here are the adult things I've done this week:

1. Went to bed before midnight (one was at 10:30 pm).
2. Got my sister settled in to her dorm and talked about college in the past tense ("When I took American Heritage..." or "They didn't have that when I was here.")
3. Almost stopped at the Alumni booth just to say I had. But I really just wanted the brownie, so this doesn't really count.
4. Woke up at 6:15 am on a Saturday (granted, I had gone to bed at 1:30 am, so that wasn't very responsible of me, especially since I was grumpy the whole day)
5. Almost went into a museum, by myself, because I wanted to.
6. Went into a clothing store that had an extra 50% off EVERYTHING and didn't buy anything--even though I really wanted to. However, if my bank transfer was complete, I'd be all over that.
7. Played chauffeur to two different people in one day. Actually, this is just mom-ish. But I did volunteer to do it, so it's kind of different. Plus, I don't have a mom car.
8. Showed up 5 minutes early to church, which hasn't happened since they moved us to a building 10 minutes away.

I really wanted to make this list an even 10, but I ran out of things. And the whole time I was typing this, I had Miss Temple in my head. Whew, it's a good thing I missed that whole 21 thing though.

No comments: