Anyway, last year I created a list of things to do in the next year. And I opened up my list last month and was shocked by the things that I had listed (I think you may be too). So, in the past month, I've been trying to do what I can. Yeah...that didn't turn out so great.
So, here it is. My list. Don't judge me my silliness or stupidity...or laziness. I've got a lot of growing up to do.
23 Things to Do When I'm 23
- Run a 5K.
Double my savings account Go on a date.Well, considering my previous yearly average was 0, I exceeded expectations by dating someone. Sing more.The car counts, right?
- Read one book per month. Rekindling a lost love is hard.
- Learn how to moonwalk. I should have done this one when I was dating a person who knows how to moonwalk.
- Finish my cross-stitch. Maybe next year?
- Establish (good) credit. Wells Fargo, you've rejected me again.
- Eat a King Kong Cone from Macey’s. I discovered this year that I don't really like ice cream.
Go swimming twice (and the hot tub doesn’t count).I kind of hate swimming, so this was good.
- Hike the Y again and watch the sun set.
- Add 23 recipes to my recipe cards. Hmm...I think I added seven. And then I got Pinterest, which is now my digital recipe book.
Make a cake.Completed this on Sunday. And it is dang good. Bam! Now I just need people to help me eat it.
- Read the entire Book of Mormon. Well, there was this one time I tried to read it in five days. I didn't make it past day 2.
- Do more genealogy. Pretty sure my ancestors hate me.
- Watch 23 new movies off of AFI’s Top 100 Movies of All Time. I watched three, bringing my total for the list to 40 (though there are some movies I need to watch again because I saw them as a child).
Attend 2 concerts.Lea Solanga was amazing. Re-establish communication with 5 friends. Eh...I did this halfway.
- Watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Another post to come about this.
- Complain less and do more. This has been terribly difficult these past four months.
- Tour Welfare Square and the Humanitarian Center. I think this is on here because I thought I'd be across the country by now, so I had to hit up all the Utah tourist things before I left.
- Find out what I want to do with my life. Still figuring that out. However, I know I don't want to be a magazine designer.
Fit comfortably into those jeans again. (And that skirt. And shirt.)Score on all accounts.